The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Tea with AK71: McDonald's shows us how!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We often come across signs at eateries which say "No studying." Although these signs do the job, they are not very friendly and they do nothing positive for the public image of the establishment as well.

We know the reason for these signs but couldn't they be worded nicely?

A good example of how it should be done!
Thumbs up for McDonald's!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also studied in McD during my post grad days, when it just turned 24.hrs. But it is often like the graveyard shift or sunrise hours that there often are more students studying then makan crowds.

i find that the text is polite as the students has gone a bit too far to camp at their seats all day long over a very well used cup of water/coke/tea, chopping places with their oversized bags and files, making noises. All these action denies the makan joint from really doing business during peak meal hours.

Where else can these kids goes ? Well, the CC (used to be in my days) has study rooms for a small fee - but closes at 10pm. Perhaps uncool to this iPhone & internet generation.

SnOOpy168

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. :)

I know the CCs still have study facilities but I didn't know they charge a fee.

For me, when I had to study for exams, I would lock myself in my room and would be intolerant of noise. Whole family would tip toe around in fear of my wrath. ;p

Anonymous said...

I wished I can do the same as you, without my mom interrupting me every 10 mins over soup/neighbour's gossip/getting a wife or gf or whatever.

Different CC has different policy for sure. I recalled that I had to pay for the "study room" membership like $24 for the year. Just becoz it is A/C and the caretaker will spot check on everyone regularly.

McD was free air con. Somehow even with those crying kids around, I felt more at peace and concentrate better - as i did not have to react to those noises, unlike at home.

Anyway, thats history for me.

Looking forward to the next update on the superbanana & AIMs reits. Missed the train at 85c & 19.8c. Still waiting....

SnOOpy168

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Yes, I am very lucky. My mom is just super but I am sure all mothers are super in their own ways!

As for updates on AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT and Sabana REIT, they will happen if I have anything new to say.

These days, I hardly look at the stock market. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award