The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

A letter from a 66-year-old retiree.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I have received many emails in my three years as a blogger. Of course, there were some unpleasant ones but, fortunately, most of them are not. Many are questions which I would try to answer to the best of my knowledge. As I am not a trained financial adviser, however, I am not allowed to give advisories and I have refrained from doing so.
 
 
Sometimes, I would share readers' emails here in my blog, especially those which I think are inspirational or those which I think readers might find beneficial in some way. Today, I received a bracing email from a 66-year-old retiree. 
 
Blogging is a very time and energy consuming activity but if I have been able to make a positive difference in the lives of people through my blogs, then, it is definitely worthwhile.
 
hi AK,

i am a 66 yr old retiree who came upon your blogpost ASSI about a year ago quite by chance.
i had dabbled in shares many many years ago and having been burnt i swore i wont touch the SGX ever again.

However, after selling off my apartment and cutting off the rental income last year i was in a bind
as there was no more income and saddled with cash earning practically nothing and being retired....
until i came upon your blogs on the REITS and especially AIMS and SABANA. i have vested in both since end of last year and have been comfortable with the passive income without the hassle of tenants , repairs , maintenance fees and taxes.

i do not think you fully realize how your intelligent, knowledgeable, and objective views have helped
people like me who previously only depended on tips and rumours with disastrous results.
not only have i benefited from your analysis but i have also learned alot from your gems
like 'i have begun not to be bothered with price movements and be more focused on passive income (something to that effect)'

most of all you come across to me as very sincere in wanting to help those who want it.
therefore i urge you to ignore those who are critical of you and yet devoid of any alternative views. (like those comments of your recent yahoo finance reprints)

.....

yours gratefully,
.......

Related posts:

10 comments:

Ray said...

I concur

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

:)

AK71 said...

Hi Ray,

Thank you. :)

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

I live for your smiles. ;)

AhJohn said...

Good word!

Unknown said...

you've always replied my mails with good advice, not obvious ones but really guided me.

AK71 said...

Hi Ah John,

I am only human and appreciate kindness. Letters like this one let me know that I am doing good work. Do good work with good words. It is a two way traffic. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Ling,

I am glad my replies to your emails were helpful although I have to say that I really did not provide any advice per se. ;)

SnOOpy168 said...

Beyond doubt and words here, I agree. Absolutely good karma for you AK.

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Thank you for your kind words. :)

If I have really accumulated good karma, I hope they will benefit my parents. They deserve all the good karma I could possibly collect.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award