The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Have money must also have a heart.

Monday, July 8, 2013


This is a snippet taken from a chat I had over at Bully the Bear this evening:

Have money must also have a heart.

Related posts:
1. Count our blessings.
2. Make more money and do good.
"The people who receive love are the ones who are just pouring it out all the time." Warren Buffett.

6 comments:

EY said...

Hi AK,

Thought this Chinese phrase would be so apt in describing those people - 有些人就穷得只剩钱了!

So full of irony.

Happiness is a gift - from those who give us the opportunity to realise how generous and how much better a person we are capable of becoming. :)

Endrene

AK71 said...

Hi Endrene,

I remember reading a story about a young lady who made her own wealth. She said that she would donate $10,000 to a deserving charity without thinking twice. That left on me a deep impression. :)

Paul said...

Wealth is relative. A person earning $1000 a month with a modest lifestyle would be richer than another earning $1000/mth with an extravagant lifestyle.

I also feel that charity must be from the heart. And I dun think we should assume that the more well-off are not charitable just because they dun wayang about it.

In many ways, charity can be a double-edge sword.

AK71 said...

Hi Paul,

I am not making assumptions here. I do actually know of people who are very well off who refuse to donate to charities unless they are forced to and they also make it amply clear that they do not see a need to make donations to charities voluntarily.

I also know someone who blogged about his relatively high income and how he went shopping for a condominium. He even shared his income tax assessment. Donations for the full year? S$12.00 to CDAC which is compulsory.

I am stating my own observations and hoping that readers will agree with me that we should help those in need if we can afford to. Nothing more. :)

Unknown said...

Ahh... ahh... this is probably my favourite post to date. Thank you for this highly informative blog. I was just recommended it and have enjoyed the posts thoroughly.

Even as we work hard, save hard and prepare for our financial future, let's not overlook the people around us who need help.

AK71 said...

Hi Ange,

Welcome to my blog. :)

I am glad you are enjoying your stay. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award