The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

What is AK's way of investing in stocks?

Monday, April 27, 2015

This was a rather amusing exchange (which went on to become quite exasperating):

E:
saw your blog
can i know how you invest?

Assi AK:

If you want to learn how to invest, I don't really teach in my blog. 

I am just blogging my experience.

You might want to go to the right side bar of my blog and you will find some recommended reading material under "Food for Thought".





E:

Why don't you share how to invest?

Assi AK:

Everyone will find his own way. 

I share my way in my blog. 

You are welcome to read my blog but you will have to decide if is suitable for you.





E:

After reading your blog I still don't know your way???

Assi AK:

Alamak...

Read a bit more and see if you can find the way. 

If still cannot, then, I think I lost my way liao.

E:

can lost your way like you?

Assi AK:

Yes, people follow me and fall into longkang sometimes... -.-"









E:
why?

Assi AK:

then no chance to fall into longkang lor

E:

Then how?

Assi AK:

Don't follow me lor ;p





E:

Why not?
How?

Assi AK:

You can follow me using the options available in the left side bar of the blog.

E:

What options?

Assi AK:

Check my blog. 

You will see in the left side bar.





E:

u are value investor?

Assi AK:

I like good deals, for sure, but I am not pure value investor.

Mostly, I like stocks which generate meaningful income regularly for me.

E:

so you buy dividend stocks only?

Assi AK:

nope
I am not a pure income investor either

E:

so what are you?





Anyone has an answer?


Related post:
Have peace of mind as an investor.

26 comments:

blazingruby60 said...

hello AK
I like the fact that you answered his query one by one patiently... LOL

AK71 said...

Hi blazingruby,

I will be honest. I lost patience towards the end when his questions became monosyllabic. I didn't share that portion of the conversation here but I decided to block him after that. It isn't something I do often. -.-"

Cory said...

Some people is heckler u know ... u can sense it miles away.

imdna said...

At least now I know I'm not that much of a nuisance when I ask you questions....jeeze...

Solace said...

Seems like there will be people that wants to be spoon fed, instead of adopting proactive learning approach to find their own way...

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

AK,

For a while, I was a bit worried as bleeding hearts don't know when to say no...

Ha! You're fine ;)

Move along now people, nothing to see.




Sillyinvestor said...

AK,

If someone ask me what an investor I am, I am not sure how to answer except that I am a money grabber cum value investor wannanbe.

That's a tough question

But u are "萧何” investor, always preparing the back line of unending warchest for the frontline

KC said...

E. Bye.

blauereiter said...

Hmm. Wanted advice and benefits of your knowledge, but didn't even have the basic courtesy of asking nicely. You did the right thing sir. :]

AK71 said...

Hi Cory,

Well, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I concluded, after a while, that it was a troll... -.-"

AK71 said...

Hi imdna,

Er, what makes you think you are a nuisance? I don't think I ever got the feeling before. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Solace,

Yes, I realise that sometime back. There is wisdom in why some friends carefully avoid blogging about specific stocks. ;)

I am slowing down when it comes to blogging and spending more time doing other stuff. I think it is healthy. Blogging and its related activities have taken a big part of my life in the last 5.5 years. :)

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

Haha... Well, the conversation went on for a while more and I gave up, in the end. -.-"

I reminded myself that I have better things to do in my life. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi Mike,

The historical reference is lost on me. Hahaha... I only know it has something to do with history because I did a Google on "萧何". -.-"

I am wary of overexposure in any one of the businesses I invested in recently but at the same time I want to stay invested.

Looking at my records, since May 2014, a year ago, I bought into:

1. Ascendas Hospitality Trust
2. Wilmar
3. Soilbuild Biz Space REIT
4. SembCorp Industries
5. SembCorp Marine
6. OUE Limited
7. ST Engineering
8. SATS
9. Accordia Golf Trust
10. WingTai
11. Marco Polo Marine
12. Singapura Finance
13. Hong Leong Finance
14. NeraTel
15. PREH

That is quite a long list of nibbles. ;)

Unless there should be more compelling offers, I guess I will just continue to accumulate cash, in the meantime. :)

AK71 said...

Hi blauereiter,

I know that it could be an issue of style but trolling is a style too. ;p

After more than 5 years of blogging, I am still learning. :)

Sillyinvestor said...

Hmm.. AK,

If u have added the buy price next to your list, I think you have given what that reader want at the first place LOL

AK71 said...

Hi Mike,

Yikes! You think so?

Anyway, this has inspired a new blog post. I will try to talk about more useful stuff and not prices. ;p

Sillyinvestor said...

Anyway, AK, let me explain Siao He, because I think your investing style is a lot like him.

He is one of the top 3 advisors to Li Bang (Founder of Han dyanasty), he is not really strategist that win or lose battles. (That will be Ma Liang)

He just ensure that regardless of battles won or lost, the base is around to continue to send supplies of food and soldiers to the frontline to fight. YOur passive income build up approach.

Steven said...

Hi AK,

Dont bother with such people, they are just out to look for a fight. This fellow dont need to know how to invest, he needs to know how to behave himself first.

Best Regards,
Steven

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi SI:

Forgive me for being Kaypoh, but the names you mentioned weren't right.

The founder of Han dynasty was Liu Bang (刘邦), and his adviser who was a great strategist was Zhang Liang (张良).

Ma Liang (马良)lives 400 years later during the Tree Kingdoms time(三国时代).

AK71 said...

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the sensible advice. I will try to remember. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Mike and Sanye,

Alamak! Now, I am seriously confused.

My knowledge of Chinese history is pretty much restricted to the Qing dynasty stories I watch on TV and playing "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms" on my PC donkey years ago. -.-"

Sillyinvestor said...

LOL,

Sanye, you are right. I made a mistake. The third advisor is Chen Ping, someone good at manipulating human emotions.

That would be the short sellers. LOL

Nice to find fellow history fan here.

Howard said...

amusing AK! probably some lazy guy trying to get the easy outcome. just ignore him. he does not have the proper manner too.

AK71 said...

Hi Howard,

I guess there could be a slight feeling of amusement initially but it didn't last very long. -.-"

I certainly hope I won't be amused too often in this manner. ;p

AK71 said...

Reader says...
What do u think is the max we should pay for Centurion & Accordia

AK says...
You have to decide for yourself.
Everyone should know what they want and then decide if something does the job and decide what is a fair price to pay for it.
Have a plan, your own plan.
Don't simply follow me.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award