The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Tea with FunShine: Easy Loans.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Here is another thoughtful guest blog from FunShine:

First World Problem - Easy Loan

Received a phone call from a local bank.

They are offering loans at 0% interest rate. I was puzzled. 0%?

Have a bit of time and entertained the call. I asked what are the hidden charges, he added, there is a small admin fee.

I asked how much? He shared it's only $138. I did the maths and it's only 1+% quite cheap.

I asked when is the repayment period? He shared that it is 6 months.

I asked further, so what is the interest rate if people default? He shared that it is 25%.

I thank him for the call. And put down the phone.
With the information, I was thinking, I can take the money and roll it in the stock market. 

However, 6 months is too risky. No point take on this risk. If I am wrong, the interest rate is 25% and will wiped out my earning.

Thinking a bit deeper, I go, how many people honestly got such loan for their wants items?

For friends that have been reading about my life, you should know that I am a very prudent person and try to live a frugal life, just that God has blessed me with many things.



I am puzzled when people need to take a wedding loan, renovation loan, kid education loan and it goes on and on. (AK says "A happy marriage is worth waiting for.")

The only loan that I will take is a housing loan. If not I will take a loan and have my assets backed it up such that if I default, my assets will be gone but I do not need to stress about the repayment.

At the age of 36 and having worked for the past 11 years in social services, you have seen many cases where people made many interesting financial decisions.

I really hope that in Secondary school there is a subject that teaches the youth how to manage their money. As what I find lacking is financial literacy.
I have friends that are middle income and draws a good salary but are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. These are intelligent people but their money management skill is unique. (Read AK's e-book: "Don't depend on wage increases."

Got a bit of time so decided to write on this. Meanwhile, I am happy for that local bank, as I am vested in it. I am trying to collect all the three local bank stocks.

I am just left with DBS. Still waiting for a good enter price.

Have a good day and watch over your income and spending when you can.

First World Problem - Easy Loan

Read more guest blogs from FunShine: here.


0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award