The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Impressive passive income but are you lying, AK?

Saturday, January 14, 2017

This is not the first time I have received an email like this but it has been quite a while. 

This one is actually pretty friendly:

"I know about your blog from a forum... Very impressive passive income... there are people who say you are just making things up... you did not show your CDP statement... can you show?"

My short answer is "no".

Now, my long answer.




Why should I have to prove anything? 

I am not selling some investment courses that charge thousands of dollars per pax, am I?

While we are on that point, how many investment gurus who do sell such courses show people their portfolios in detail, backing each of their claims with audited documentary proof?

Hey, I am just a blogger. 

OK, I am a bit mental. 

So, I talk to myself and probably a bit too much.




People can eavesdrop if they want to. 

I cannot stop them from doing so.

After eavesdropping, they can walk off and say that AK is mental. 

It's OK. 

AK doesn't mind (since AK is supposed to have lost his mind).

Alamak, what are these? 

Can eat or not?

Must throw away many times a year.




Why do they keep sending these things to me? 

Must be mental.

I said many times before that what is more important is my philosophy towards wealth building. 

People who are more concerned with the veracity of my investments and passive income have missed the point big time.

Why don't these people give it a chance and try to create more meaningful passive income for themselves? 


Why do they choose to believe I am lying thereby denying an achievement that could possibly be theirs too?




Do they have to give money to AK until their hearts are broken? 

Do they have to sell their flats to give money to AK? 

Hmmm. Sounds like an idea. 

Maybe, I could day dream a little. 





Yes, I know. 

Bad AK! Bad AK!

I am quite sure that the proof of the pudding is in the eating and not the asking.





The love of money is the root of all evil or so the Church says.

How much money did you donate to AK?

Did you sell your flat to give $20K to AK?





Related posts:
1. What is AK's way of investing?
2. Don't thank AK. Thank yourself.

32 comments:

DennisRoger said...

Haha! So sad, they rather believe the crook than AK. I think keep on investing is important but invest wisely using the right tools. I guess those who have invested needed to spend sometime on research and have enough muscles to remain investing.

WTK said...

AK

I think that you should ignore such request. There is no need for you to account to other. You have already went to the extent of revealing your CPF balance and I believe that your intention is to get ppl to plan for financial freedom. It's up to each individual to decide on he/she want.

Ben

AK71 said...

Hi TP,

Crook? Who? Who? Where? Where? ;p

Rome wasn't built in a day and what I have today didn't happen overnight. I always believe patience will be rewarded and this is a very important ingredient, patience. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Ben,

Another reader told me that I must not be too generous because if I am too generous too often, soon, people will take me for granted. There is probably some truth in that. I know I take my mom for granted sometimes too. Bad AK! Bad AK!

AK71 said...

Many comments on my FB wall but I like this the most so far:

Don Lim:
"Ignore those people. It was never about numbers in your CDP or CPF that you are trying to share. Let them continue to be grasshoppers instead of the ant."

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

AK,

I think your reader Don Lim got his metaphors mixed up...

What has this post got to do with grasshoppers and ants?


Grasshoppers live in the moment and don't equate money with happiness. Caring how much you have would be the last thing on their minds as they don't live their lives benchmarking with others ;)


Skeptics are a different animal altogether. I better don't name them wait they re-direct their energies towards me! LOL!


And yes, be nice to mom!

But not in front of girlfriends. Girls don't like mama boys :(




AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

If not subversive, you are not SMOL. Did Aesop just turn in his grave? ;p

I do agree that it is not entirely appropriate but I get what Don was trying to say. What I like about Don's comment is the part in bold. :)

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

AK,

Hee hee. All in good fun!


I "blame" the fisherman.

We have been in agreement too often recently, so must come here to pick intellectual debates :)

No touchstone hard to sharpen my saw ;)


Not fun one. You don't take the bait :(

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

When I go fishing, I use a straight hook. I am too lazy to actually catch any fish. It is the lazing that I enjoy. Fishing? That is just an excuse to laze. ;)

AK71 said...

Hi temperament,

Alamak. I scared of monsters, green eyes or not! -.-"

You are old Master. I am young Apprentice. 不要害我. :(

Cory said...

I always believe people has some learning curve especially those who is half smart who think they are very smart or fearful. Given time, they will overcome or enlighten. Just have to be patient.

Cheers

Cory

Tanya said...

The other way to look at it is if so much stuff is made up,perhaps AK is better off writing a story book than such a blog. His good story telling should get him a best seller...

Earns more than writing a blog haha

小白 said...

Hi AK, I don't doubt your numbers. There is really no point to lie.
But I am curious how u build up that sort of massive capital to invest in the first place. I know u said it takes time, compounding interest, frugal living lifestyles, etc... I gathered that you are not born with silver spoon nor your monthly salary is >20k/mth, its quite hard to understand how the capital was achieved initially.
Did you had some good breaks / windfalls from toto or flipping properties that got you the sort of capital to start with?

AK71 said...

Hi Cory,

I wonder if they have patience. ;p

I think I should blog about having patience. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Tanya,

Unless I am able to spin a tale like J.K. Rowling, I doubt I would make a lot of money as a writer either. ;p

Fortunately, it seems that there are more believers than non-believers and that keeps me going. I enjoy helping people to help themselves and I will continue to do something as long as I enjoy it. :)

AK71 said...

Hi 小白,

I can offer you a peek here:
How did AK create a 6 digits annual passive income?

There is no magic. :)

Tanya said...

Hi AK just read the above article on how you made your pot of gold. Inspiring!

AK71 said...

Hi Tanya,

Many find it hard to believe but I guess I would too if I were in their shoes. I can only say that it is not impossible to do what I have done. Not easy but not impossible. :)

Tanya said...

Hi AK,

How i wish i could invest my money and grow it larger. If only i started earlier...

AK71 said...

Hi Tanya,

Nah, don't say that.

I always say that there are different ways to build wealth. For someone who holds a job that pays very well and is quite happy with a frugal lifestyle, investing might not be that important. I also know people who don't invest in stocks but have several investment properties to collect rent.

If we are able to work if we want to and not because we have to, we are financially free. Celebrate. :)

AK71 said...

Hi temperament,

Really? I see more investment bloggers in their 20s and early 30s, actually. Young and promising. ;)

AK71 said...

Hi temperament,

Oh, I understand what you are getting at 100%. We older folks understand each other. ;p

Young or old, risk taking should be sized according to our circumstances. Younger doesn't mean can take more risk. This is why I keep saying investing for income is suitable for the younger folks too. They don't have to die, die look for growth stocks to invest in.

qinzheng said...

Hi AK,

dont waste your time explaining... is the same as ppl beileving in god, then can u ask god to show up themseves to prove that they exists?

AK71 said...

Hi qinzheng,

This is why I get scolded by SMOL all the time. Bleeding heart, he calls me.

Learning. :)

AK71 said...

Wong Yao Keng says...

Please don't show your CDP, I will get depression 🤒

Skeptics are good to have, cos that will mean you are not under gov radar for educating readers on how to invest smart and get gov to pay you yearly through CPF 😃

laurence said...

If he's not in jail now, I'm sure he'll tell all his followers to "Invest In Bitcoins To Do Your Bit For God".

AK71 said...

Huat Go says...

Your process and ability to reach this financial milestone is worth multiple times more than to know the stocks or amount in your cdp. =)

Always looking forward to find out how successful people like you manage to achieve it and figure out how to adopt and refine them to improve my own investment skills.

Looking forward to hear you speak to yourself more!

AK71 said...

Reader says...
I just started investing and have been reading investment blogs for ideas.
You shared that you have $96K of dividends this year so far.
Can you break down the source of the dividends and the percentages?

AK says...
Welcome to my blog.
Actually, a reader did the math, not me.
I lazy.
I will not provide a detailed breakdown as requested.
I lazy.
If you read my past blogs on passive income, you will get a rough idea.
Gambatte! ;)

AK71 said...

Kor Chin Wee says...
I merlioned my drink... 🤣 AK also not selling courses lol. There are many shady masterclass online that provide ZERO track record people rather pay money to. Most absurd I heard is bcos pay money must be good 😆

AK71 said...

Harvey Huang says...
See la, ppl jealous liao, cannot eat grapes say grapes sour.

AK71 said...

Elaine Keh says...
Actually I suspect AK understate his income so that less people fall off their chairs.... he very kind one, you know! 😂

AK71 said...

Kian Hwee Yeo says...
I am glad that I am receiving some passive income now, that feeling is great! Slow and steady I am building I it up


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award