The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

5 minutes and less than a dollar? Perfect.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Have you ever had a craving for some food which you have never liked before? 

OK, I know the ladies who have been pregnant before might have experienced this but what about us guys?

Well, I have never enjoyed porridge much. 

So, being on a low carbohydrate diet, it is one thing I do not miss. 





However, whenever I am feeling unwell, I seem to crave porridge. 

I don't know why it is so.

When I told a friend I have been having porridge recently, he asked what about my low carb diet? 

When I told him I have been preparing porridge without using rice, he was dumbfounded.

His expression was priceless and I thought my porridge recipe might be blog worthy.

.





Heat up some frozen fried chicken, frozen cooked vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) in a microwave oven. 800 watts, 3 minutes. 

Then, put them in a blender with some hot water.

Blend and we get this. Porridge.
I added some black pepper for taste and also a spoonful of olive oil so that the meal keeps me full longer.
Sedap!





Time taken to prepare the meal? 

5 minutes or so.

Cost? 

Probably less than a dollar.

Add an egg if you like.
Cost?

Probably still less than a dollar.






What did you say? 

Spend 5 hours preparing the perfect bowl of porridge?

Hey, do you think I am really mental? 


OK, don't answer that.





Related post:
How to recession proof your life?

3 comments:

Brina said...

Interesting idea AK - am trying out a lower carb diet as well. Does this taste like porridge at all?

AK71 said...

Hi Brina,

Tastes just like porridge. ;)

AK71 said...

Reader says...
Long time no blog about food. Dun forget hor? lol


AK says...
OK. I will update readers on my diet too. Akan datang.
While waiting, enjoy this re-blog and the music video. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award