The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Blog about my increasing portfolio value?

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Reader:
Many of your stocks have risen in price. Examples are CCL, FLT, SGR, CRT, CRCT, RHT. The actual list is much longer definitely. 

In addition to your quarterly reports on your passive income, would you consider sharing the change in the value of your portfolio as well? 

I am sure many readers are interested and it would be inspiring too.

AK:
I know some investment bloggers do what you said but I won't because it doesn't gel with my motivations both as an investor and also as a blogger. 

My focus is on investing for income and price movements don't really matter to me as long as my investments continue to do what I expect them to do and one of those things is to pay a meaningful dividend. 

So, sharing my passive income numbers is something I am quite willing to do as this is what I feel would inspire readers to invest for income to help them on their journey towards financial freedom.


Do you feel the same way as the reader or do you feel the same way I do?

I think it is probably more useful to see why I invested in some of the businesses the reader highlighted and to understand my decision making process.

If you are interested, here are a few blogs to read:

Added Frasers L&I Trust and CapitaRetail China.

Added Centurion Corporation Limited.

Added Starhill Global REIT.

I assure you that this is more productive than reading about how the value of my investment portfolio has changed.

Related post:
My portfolio or my philosophy?

4 comments:

Wilson said...

Hello AK, just wondering how much yield u are getting from your current portfolio?

AK71 said...

Hi Wilson,

I don't really know. Really. ;p

JB said...

Hi AK,

Thank you once again for your sharing. Just like to understand, when you invest in asset play like previously OUE / Guocoland, how to you classified it as in your investing pyramid. S/G/G+I/I?
Cheers,
JB

AK71 said...

Hi JB,

There is a growth component and there is a dividend component. So, they fall under G+I.

We can speculate if the value could be unlocked but to me, if it happens, it is a bonus. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award