The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Donate a book to the needy.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Some might remember that I was an Amazon affiliate. In fact, I mentioned it a few times before in my blogs as well. 

I decided to remove it. It is not as if people come to my blog to buy books, right? Also, it seemed like a lot of work to make a little bit of money which is not my blog's objective anyway.

Now, I am an affiliate of BetterWorldBooks which is a social enterprise. We have the option to buy pre-owned books which could otherwise end up in landfills or incinerators. 

We are helping BetterWorldBooks with programs to train teachers and build schools and libraries.

We are helping them to improve literacy amongst the underpriviledged.

I told a friend all these earlier when she giggled at the fact that for every book sold for $10.00 through ASSI, I get $0.50. So little, she said. 

Of course, some other companies might pay more commission but I like the idea that encouraging readers to buy from BetterWorldBooks is doing some good for other people who need a helping hand in life.

I was sent an email a few days ago to inform me that for every book that is purchased from BetterWorldBooks, a book will be donated to the underpriviledged. 

For every book we buy, pre-owned or new, some less fortunate child will be given a book. 

I really like this idea.

So, if you are thinking of shopping for books for yourself, family or friends, visit BetterWorldBooks to see if they have what you want and you will be doing good at the same time.


Related post:
Recommended books for FA and TA.

4 comments:

LoveLocks said...

Hi AK71,

I believe you ain't promoting betterworldbooks for the $0.50.
I actually brought a brand new for my friend and a used book for myself.
It's a win win situation for me and the company.
I personally like the idea that a book is donated for every book purchase :)

AK71 said...

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for helping the environment and the underpriviledged. BetterWorldBooks is doing good and so are you. :)

skipper said...

Ak,

Sent you 3 emails in the last 3 days from 2 email addresses. I think it may have been filtered off or treated as spam.

Skipper

AK71 said...

Hi Skipper,

I was wondering why I did not receive a reply from you.

This is very odd. What could be the matter? I am flummoxed. :(

Could you send me a reply by commenting in my blog but I won't publish it?

I can't think of any other way. :(


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award