The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

She is $600 richer each month without any risk.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

I have been doing quite a bit of cooking at home instead of eating out. 

Er, I think I heard a few of you going "Isn't that something you always do?" 

OK, I have been doing a lot more cooking at home.

Today, I received a message from a reader:

"My hubby and I are your readers. I started first when I asked a colleague who sat next to me at work what was she reading on her phone. She showed me your blog. She suggested to follow you on fb because you do a lot more sharing there than in your blog.

"For months now, we would prepare food to bring to work for lunch. Recently, we started lunch pooling. We are very pleased with the idea. It doesn't take much more to make another set of lunch for each other. 

"We have you to thank for this because you are constantly sharing about preparing your own meals. Please keep sharing photos of your meals. They keep us going.


"Since doing this, we have saved much money. We were eating out everyday before this. It also made me examine our family food expenditure. Instead of eating at restaurants every weekend, we now do it once a month or not at all.

"My husband is actually more enthusiastic about the changes now than I was when we first started because he sees the money. 
Roughly, we are saving $600 more every month now.

"Since preparing our own meals saved us so much money in the last few months, we have bought tickets to your first meet the readers session next month. lol"




I usually update my wall on Facebook with photos of my cooking but not here in my blog. 


OK, for those who do not follow me on Facebook, here are photos of my lunch today:

Fried rice with potato and egg.

Steamed some vegetable.

AK's Donburi!

If AK can cook, so can you!

Remember, saving money is probably difficult in the beginning but you will get better at it. It will become a habit and, suddenly, that $100,000 target doesn't seem too far away.

“The first $100,000 is a bitch, but you gotta do it. I don’t care what you have to do—if it means walking everywhere and not eating anything that wasn’t purchased with a coupon...” 
- Charlie Munger

Related posts:
1. My food bill and my weight.

2. First "Evening with AK and friends" in 2016.

2 comments:

Siew Mun said...

Recall that I pack lunch and coffee, my wife has began to pack lunch and tea to work. My eldest daughter also caught on the habit.We hardly spend in resturant. After the first $100,000...
“The first $1,000,000 is a bitch, but you gotta do it. I don’t care what you have to do—if it means walking everywhere and not eating anything that wasn’t purchased with a coupon...”
- KSM
.

AK71 said...

Hi Siew Mun,

I have a blog post titled "Financial freedom is a family affair!"

Your family is exemplary. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award