The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

FY2017 passive income from non-REITs (Part 1).

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

4Q 2017 has been a relatively active one for me in the non-REITs space and being a rather long blog, I decided to take my time and publish it in 4 parts.


In its final days on the Singapore Stock Exchange, at $1.17 a unit, the total value of Croesus Retail Trust in my portfolio easily trumped First REIT as my second largest investment.

As Croesus Retail Trust was delisted and distributions made to its shareholders, the cash level in my investment portfolio rose significantly due to this reason alone.






I would have been quite happy to sit on a lot more cash and to do nothing if I did not see any compelling offers by Mr. Market.

This is because I look at the capital gain from the sale as receiving income distributions for many years in advance.

So, mostly thanks to Croesus Retail Trust, 4Q 2017 distributions received from non-REITs is a rather impressive figure:

S$ 391,775.11

Of course, I am also sadly aware that much of this would not be repeated.







Having said this, there could be another distribution of a similar nature in the near future although the quantum is going to be smaller as it is a smaller investment for me.

I am, of course, talking about Religare Health Trust, a business trust which owns healthcare assets in India.

Fortunately, I took advantage of a sudden intra day plunge in Religare Health Trust's unit price earlier in the year to increase my investment by 150%.

Pure, dumb luck, I am sure.









So, did I do anything in the non-REITs space in 4Q 2017?

I will continue to talk to myself in the next three parts.

Read part 2: HERE.


Meanwhile, you might be interested in:
FY2017 income from S-REITs.


Related posts:
1. Croesus Retail Trust.
2. Religare Health Trust.

4 comments:

Cory said...

Hi AK, not sure is it sensitive to ask, without CRT, what is the returns like for non-reits 4Q ?
Please delete my qn if you are not comfortable to answer.

Cory

AK71 said...

Hi Cory,

More clues in the next few blogs. ;)

cheryl2010 said...

Hi AK, with the latest news on Religare Health Trust, what are your views on it? It is quite scary for EY to issue the going concern report.

AK71 said...

Hi Cheryl,

I do not think it is anything new.

If you believe that RHT is unable to refinance successfully, then, it is best to stay away.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award