The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

2Q 2017 passive income from S-REITs.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Once every quarter, I would spend half a day or so going through my dividend vouchers and checking my bank accounts. It is that time again.

2Q 2017 was a pretty quiet quarter for me as I maintained the status quo for my portfolio of S-REITs.

The portfolio received contributions from a couple of new investments made in 1Q 2017:

1. Starhill Global REIT
2. Frasers L&I Trust


Industrial Real Estate Market Update Q4 2016 | JLL Australia

Total income distributions received from S-REITs in 2Q 2017: 

$21,069.52

This is about a 2% reduction from 1Q 2017 which saw $21,477.10 received.

What happened?

We are missing contributions from IREIT and CRCT this quarter as they distribute income half yearly.

Keeping the status quo should see more income collected from my portfolio of S-REITs in 3Q 2017.

How much more? 

We will have to wait and see.

For now, $7,000 a month in "salary" is pretty comfortable for me.

Related post:
1Q 2017 passive income from S-REITs.

10 comments:

arithmos said...

1. Starhill Global REIT
2. Frasers L&I Trust

I think I might have followed you into buying the above at a premium compared to your buy price.

I have been coming to your blog daily to check on you weighing in on Croesus Retail Trust. *I have more than 600 lots on it (pls delete this, fyi only)

I want to vote no on CRT as the premium is too low from Blackstone. The average yield rate for Japan is ~ 4%. http://en.japan-reit.com/list/rimawari/

It is certainly a fair value for Blackstone but not for us.

I find it difficult to replace CRT with another REIT. I prefer to hold on to it.

I believe you can swing a few % to stop it unless we have a much better offer.

AK71 said...

Hi arithmos,

Unfortunately, I cannot partially delete comments. That option is not available to blogspot. It is either to leave it intact or delete the entire comment.

So, I leave it to you whether you want to delete the comment or not because I don't think you can amend it either.

As for Croesus Retail Trust, I don't think I can affect the outcome. I am no king maker. ;p

Congratulations on being substantially invested in Croesus Retail Trust. :)

redponza said...

600 lots = 60000 shares?
That is quite a bit of the trust!

Wilfred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilfred said...

Hi AK,

I just came to know about your blog recently from a friend of mine and am impressed by your wise post and selfless sharings. I am 27 year old and had been investing in mostly blue chip stocks for the last 3 years and had been able to generate about 5% dividend returns over the past 3 years and a large portion of my investment is in S Reits.

Looking through your post, am surprised how well you are able to pick up good stocks which yield great you great yields since years ago. As it is time i would like to diversify my portfolio outside of blue chip stocks, would kindly like to ask for your advice on how you manage to identify these companies which have such potential for long term investment growth?

Thanks and best regards,
Wilfred

AK71 said...

Hi Wilfred,

Welcome to my blog. :)

The truth is my investments don't always turn out well. I can only hope that more turn out well than those that don't.

I would suggest that you read my past blog posts to get an idea of how I do what I do but you have to remember your own motivations and find your own methods.

Here is one example to start you off:
A simple way to a double digit yield.

Wilfred said...

Hi AK,

Appreciate your prompt reply!
I will start off with the post you gave and hopefully I can finish going through all your blog post soon. Haha, and just to confirm the below 2 are the books that u recommend for FA and TA?

For FA:
"Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements" by Mary Buffett and David Clark

For TA:
"Technical Analysis: Plain and Simple" by Michael Kahn

Thank you :)

AK71 said...

Hi Wilfred,

There are many good books on TA and FA and you will find the links to blogs on some of them under "Food for thought" in the right side bar of my blog. The two books you have listed are good examples. :)

Wilfred said...

Hi AK,

Thanks for the guidance, will slowly read up.
Have a good weekend ahead! :)

AK71 said...

Hi Wilfred,

Alamak. No guidance from me lah. I anyhow talk to myself only. ;p

Happy reading. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award