The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Get fantastic dividend yield and AK is like Jay Chou.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Recently, AK was like Xiaxue and, now, AK is like Jay Chou. 

Alamak. So confusing. 

How like that?

Reader:
Hello AK! Looks like things have been good for you recently (as always). 

Unfortunately I couldn’t get a ticket to your evening session. 

Its like Jay Chou concert! 

I do appreciate your jokes among your stock market insights.




Anyway, remember many were surprised you are >80% invested now? 

Well as I reckon many of your stocks were bought at a real bargain in 2008/09 with fantastic dividend yield on cost now.




Basically, I think it’s irrelevant to ask on your holdings now. 

However, if you are willing to share, may I ask what were your %age of stock holdings (vs cash) back in 2007, when stocks were at a all time high? 

Did you somehow Eat Bread With Ink Slowly too? 

Did you think that the market was over-valued and you were expecting a crash? 


Did you prepare yourself for the crash? 





When the bad news kept coming in 2008, how were you reacting? 

I know you kept buying but didn’t you have the slightest fear? 

How did you strategise your entries?




I do appreciate eating bread with ink slowly and I have equipped myself with some value investing knowledge. 

I have also accumulated some stocks that are doing pretty well while making sure I have a good warchest. 

But should we be extra cautious since we are approaching the 10th year after the last stock crash? What’re your views?







AK:
I always eat bread with ink slowly.
(See related post #3 at the end of this blog)


Unless valuations are super cheap, I always have a war chest ready.


I emptied my war chest during the GFC. 


I bought stocks of businesses which would generate good income for me. 




Investing for income, I wasn't concerned with prices going up or down. 

I knew I was getting a bargain.

I didn't borrow money to invest with. 


It was all my own money. 

I didn't have to worry.




A stock which I bought back then which I no longer talk about was Hyflux Water Trust, for example. 


Debt free, at the price I got in, it was generating 17% yield, if I remember correctly.

I don't have all the answers to your questions because I only remember what I feel are important.


Remember that eating bread with ink slowly is a philosophy. 


How we make it work for us, if we want to make it work for us, will depend on the individual.




Related posts:
1. Hyflux Water Trust.
2. Beating our fears as investors.
3. Peace of mind as an investor.

3 comments:

AK71 said...

SO FAST SOLD OUT?

Elaine Xu says...
Thanks AK for being not lazy this time! At least it gives us (late comers to your blog) an opportunity to attend this event. Do we have to be a member to register?

AK says...
Wait for the blog post. Tickets will be sold first come first serve. :p

Elaine Xu says...
Ok I have subscribed to the emails for new posts. Hope the tickets will not be sold out as fast as JJ concert!! 😅

AK says...
Maybe not like JJ concert but like Jay Chou concert. Which concert sells faster, I wonder? :p

I know some are worried and want to chope tickets fast.

I learn from Mr. Khaw Boon Wan's building of more HDB flats to meet demand.

Doubling the seating capacity of Evening with AK and friends 2018.

Hope it will be enough.

Look out for the blog post as ticketing will start as soon as it is published.

AK71 said...

Jackson Yang says...
May be AK is 投资界的林俊杰?
because JJ Lin is from Singapore also and his concert tickets are 秒杀 ah...

AK says...
Alamak. So cheem. What is 秒杀? :o
OK. Thanks to Google.
秒杀是网络卖家发布一些超低价格的商品,所有买家在同一时间网上抢购的一种销售方式。 :o

AK71 said...

Wong Yao Keng says...
AK yours should be 瞬间杀 😆

AK says...
Google Translate says
瞬间杀 = Instant kill
OMG :o


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award